Pipette tips are essential to the lab and sciences.
What are pipette tips used for?
We equip pipette tips with pipette for liquid handling.
Experimenters plunge pipette into tips to absorb liquid samples or reagents. We hold the buffer and dispense into destination containers.
Sometimes also referred to as micropipette tips, pipet tips, pipettor tips. It is the most common laboratory supplies, and essential for sciences.
What are the types of pipette tips?
There are different categories:
- By cleanness level, there are unsterile, sterile, and filtered pipette tips.
- By packaging methods, there are bulk pipette tips in bags, and rack packed pipette tips.
- By compatibility, there are universal fitting pipette tips, and brand-specific tips.
- By volume, there are 10ul tips to 10ml pipette tips.
Because of the tiny dispensing volume, it is often referred to as micropipette tips.
* 1 ul is a microliter, i.e. 1/1000 of 1ml.
Are pipette tips universal?
We offer universal pipette tips. It is designed and tested to fit major pipette brands.
Good for Eppendorf, Watson, ThermoFisher, CAPP and so on.
We also offer Eppendorf specific tips.
Quick trick: even with the same brand, the tips volume needs to match that of pipettes.
With more questions, please contact our sales representative for additional help.
Can you autoclave pipette tips?
For sterile pipette tips, there is no need to autoclave at all.
Because the purpose of autoclave is to sterilize, and it already is.
We can choose to autoclave pipette tips in following scenarios:
- For non sterile pipette tips and high sensitivity experiments.
- For reuse purposes, pipette tips can be reused 10~25 times.
Endurance wise, our tips are made from high quality polypropylene virgin materials.
So it can endure the high temperature of autoclave machine.
Just keep in mind, the filtered tips are not autoclavable and you don’t need to.